Qualities of a Successful Franchise Business Owner
March 10, 2021 by sbfranchise in Franchise Overview
You know you want to run your own business, but you’re still a little hesitant about whether the franchise business model works for you. Here are the top 5 traits that we believe it takes for someone to be a successful SmartBooks franchisee.
- Goal oriented. You need to be goal oriented and be willing to put in the time and effort required to achieve results.
- Resilient. You will encounter challenges that make you question whether you made the right choices. Clients will complain. Employees will quit. You won’t win the deal that was a “sure thing”. You have to be prepared to persevere through these setbacks and stay the course.
- Organized. Clients, team members and partners will look to you to create order out of chaos.
- Client Focused. You love working with clients. You show a sincere interest in them, their goals, and strive to help them achieve through sound financial management, and protect them with compliance.
- Coachable. One of the benefits of buying into a franchise system instead of going entirely on your own is you get to learn from the franchisor and other franchisees. Being open minded and learning and applying feedback from the franchisor and your peers will contribute to your success.